Formula ETS is an engineering racing team from the École de Technologie Supérieure, in Montreal. The team has been designing, manufacturing and racing Formula-style race cars for more than 25 years with one common goal since then :
The cars that come out of the ETS' workshop reflect their philosophy and mentality. Therefore, they are in an endless pursuit of designing the lightest car year after year.
The latest car weighs 293 pounds and features a brand new redesigned in-house custom 450cc engine. The APEX sits on four 10-inch AVON tires mounted on custom double molded carbon fiber rims. Dynamic-wise, the decoupled suspension setup now integrates the anti-roll system on the custom through rod damper which considerably reduces the weight of the whole suspension system. The front dynamic package has been relocated underneath the car by using pull-rods in order to lower the CG height of the vehicle.
An innovative upright and spindle system led to a complete brake system redesign. The car is now equipped with two front custom areograde 7075-T7351 aluminum calipers machined on a 5-axis CNC and a single AP Racing dual piston mounted on the differential support.
The chassis has been drawn around the most important piece of equipment, the driver. This results in superior ergonomics and driver comfort. To further complement the ease of driving, a fully adjustable locking dovetail mechanism pedal box ensures a good fit for the 5th to the 95th percentile.
A new construction method significantly decreased the weight of the aerodynamic package while still featuring a double-action DRS hidden in the second element.
- Single piece carbon fiber monocoque manufactured in a single week
- Fibersim simulated and generated ply
- Integrated front hoop
- In-house designed and manufactured second generation custom engine block
- Custom single piece carbon fuel tank and intake system
- Focused on ease of maintenance, allowing an engine removal in less than 20 minutes.
- Custom springs mounted on the decoupled roll dampers
- Dual piston inverted custom front calipers
- Front pull-rods and rear push-rods system
- ETS Designed
- Power Management Unit (PMU)
- Improved and revised A2C modules
- Complete strain gauges and amplifier package
- Real time wireless telemetry
- Full CAD of harness and components
- Welded titanium driveshafts with 5-axis machined tripod inserts
- Inboard caliper mounted on the differential support
- Reversed upright and spindle system with spokeless carbon fiber wheels
- Lightweight construction
- Optimized cooling system with electric water-pump
- Double-action DRS